- Login using the user name and password. This will be emailed to you automatically by CGPublisher when your teacher creates your ClassPublisher account.
- You are presented with a web page called Your Details. Click on the Your Works link in the left hand side menu. This is a personal work space where you can keep your work.
- When you have finished your work and wish to submit it to your Teacher, login to ClassPublisher, go to ‘Your Works’ and select the template your teacher has given you (or if they haven’t, just use a file you have created yourself). Click on the “+ File” button to the right of the “Source Documents” folder.
- Locate your file (which is in your own computer) by using the “Browse” button and upload the file to your Source Documents folder in the “Your Works” space. You should now send your teacher an email (or tell them) that you are ready for them to look at your work and consider it for publication.
As a teacher using ClassPublisher, you can do the following:
- Create accounts for students in ClassPublisher.
- Publish their completed work.
Within the ClassPublisher system you have two roles:
- as a Creator who can produce and store works, and work collaboratively with others to produce works. When you use ClassPublisher is a way to create and share your own work, you are acting as a Creator.
- as a Publisher who can review and publish other people’s works when they are completed, in this case, your students’ work.
- Login using the user name and password that will be emailed to you automatically by CGPublisher when your ClassPublisher account is created.
- You are presented with a web page called Your Works. This is a personal work space where you can store any kinds of digital file, in any format.
- On the left hand side of the screen is a Publishing button. Follow that link to a Publisher space containing the Publisher name that you want to use.
- Follow this link into your publishing site. This is the site to which your students will work.
Once you have recruited your students and have collected their email addresses, you have two tasks to perform to get your students established as Creators.
- Sending a Work Template to your students.
- Publish your students’ works.
Task 1: Sending a Work Template to your students
- Log in to ClassPublisher at http://www.classpublisher.com
- Click on the Publishing link on the left hand side of the screen to enter your publisher space.
- Click on your Publisher in the list.
- Go into ‘Work Templates’.
- Create a work template.
- Click on the button called “Submit to Author”.
- On the next screen, leave login and email address fields blank and in the name field type in the student’s name.
- Click on search and you will be returned to a screen that says “no users match those details” or may return some users. (This is just to be certain that the student is not already registered to use the system, so they do not end up with a duplicate account.)
- Presuming they are not already registered, what you are looking for is a link that says “skip this search step”; follow this link, complete the four fields in the form and hit submit.
- The system confirms the submission.
- Repeat from step 6 above for all students in you wish to invite to work in ClassPublisher. (Note: you can add new student accounts at any time.)
By sending students a work template, you have created an account for them on ClassPublisher. In doing so ClassPublisher has sent them an email that contains their user name and password, and a link to the website where they can log in to their account. Upon logging in, the teachers will find the Work template in their Work Space.
Task 2: Creating a published Product from your Student Books
- You will receive an email from each student as they are ready for their work to be published.
- Login to your ClassPublisher account.
- Go to the Publishing tab on the left hand side.
- Click on your Publisher site link.
- Select the work for the student who is ready to be published.
- Click the ‘View’ button to the right hand side of your student’s final Book document to open it in Microsoft Word. Save this document as a PDF file to your computer and give it a distinctive name.
- Click on the Versions tab.
- Click the 'Save Draft' button, optionally including an annotation.
- Then click the ‘Publish Edition’ button.
- Finally, click the ‘Create Product’ button.
- Fill in the Add Product page and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Optionally fill in Keywords to describe this report—click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Click on the ‘Add Product Medium Information’ button.
- Fill in the form using the following values—Retail Price = 0, Online Bookstore = Yes, Click the Electronic Properties File for Download button and select the PDF you just created.
- Click the ‘Accept Changes’ button to finish creating your product.
- To preview your new product go to the Web Space tab of your Publisher site and click on the Preview sub-tab.